"TAKE ALL MY LOVES" HIGHLANDS COMMUNITY THEATRE 1965

"Take All My Loves" starred Collin Wilcox and her then-husband Geoffrey Horne and was directed by and designed by Fred Coney Allen.  This would be Fred's final season with HCT, the theatre he had nurtured for fifteen years.

The back page of The Highlander included a half-page ad.

I loved Fred's use of the plural, "Last Nights Tonight."  It was an exciting way to put it, New York style, I guessed.

The competing newspaper The Galax ran the exact same article as the Highlander.



The Skyline Lodge, advertised on page 20 of The Galax had recently opened, built from the thirty-five year old ruins of "the Randall Hotel," a hunting lodge which was never completed, lost to the crash of '29.   Howard Randall was Collin Wilcox' grandfather.

"Loves" was my first technical credit for Lighting (meaning design) that got me listed in a program book and two newspapers, when I was thirteen.  On the show, the great Kevin Fitzpatrick ran the audio, which consisted of a series of musical cues, exquisitely timed to the action.  Kevin ran the show from a niche nestled in the upper rafters, DSL, and he would soon become a New York City pro.  Gordon Reese, who is credited above for running sound, was actually the stage manager, and he called the show from a stool next to me, in the light booth.  He taught me to smoke there.